The Rite and Hymns of Bright Saturday
This production contains the most accurate versions of every hymn of Bright Saturday, for both the night and morning orders, according to the Coptic tradition.
- It consists of the melismatic and recitative tunes for the rite, where the melismatic hymns are based on the oral and recorded tradition of Cantor Mikhail Ghabrial Girgis El-Batanouny.
- It consists of 1 set of 3 audio CD discs, all of which include recordings by the choir and sources for some of the noteworthy hymns.
- The set contains many melismatic and recitative hymns in full, such as the Psalm 151 (Anok Pe Pikoji), the Bright Saturday Psali, the hymn Erepi-esmo, the responses for the Book of Revelation, the responses for the Divine Liturgy of Bright Saturday, and the communion hymn Panooti Panooti, as well as many others.
- The rites included in this production are: Midnight Praise, Prime Raising of Incense, Prayers of the Third and Sixth Hours, the Book of Revelation, the Ninth Hour, and the Divine Liturgy.
- Many gifted priests, deacons, and cantors participated in this production, including the Hegumen Fr. Mettias Nasr, Cantor Ibrahim Ayad, and Cantor Satir Mikhail.
- The CDs were recorded and mastered digitally in professional studios.
View a video on this production and hear audio samples: